I made these up for some house guests on a whim and they were a big hit! I thought I would share my recipe with you all.
- 2 packages baby bella mushrooms
- 1 package Alouette garlic & herbs cheese (or cream cheese)
- 2tsp light mayo
- 1tsp heavy cream
- garlic powder, sea salt & parsley (to taste)
- 3tsp breadcrumbs
- 1-2 tsp spicy mustard
- chopped onion
- Worcestershire sauce
- red cooking wine
- olive oil
- swiss cheese slices
- two slices of bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse mushrooms and remove stems. Discard stems, or use for something else — I cut some of them up and sauteed them for a brown rice dish I was making.
- Brush oil on your backing dish of choice, and brush mushrooms front and back with oil. Set aside.
- Prepare bacon slices in the microwave, chop when cool.
- Saute chopped onions in olive oil, Worcestershire and red wine, to taste.
- Mix Alouette or cream cheese, heavy cream, mayo, mustard, breadcrumbs, sauteed onions, bacon, garlic powder, sea salt and parsley.
- Stuff mushrooms with filling, top with pieces of swiss cheese, and parsley.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is lightly browned. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.