Really, the only part of Eggs Benedict that isn’t keto is the English muffin. Good thing there’s a Chaffle for that. Can you tell I’m obsessed with Chaffles yet? Chaffle. All. The. Things.
Of course, Eggs Benedict are just as tasty without any bread or bread replacement at all, but there is something comforting about some kind of bread-like thing soaking up all that yummy egg yolk and sauce.
When I’m making Eggs Benedict for a crowd, I usually make my poached eggs the normal way, in a deep frying pan with water, a dash of vinegar and crack the eggs right into the simmering water, and I roast a whole pack of bacon in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 400F. That is not the method I am going to show you today. Ain’t nobody got time for that for just one person. So, I *gasp* use the microwave to poach my eggs and heat up bacon.
Keto Eggs Benedict for One
- Mini Waffle Iron
- Microwave safe bowl and plate
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Coconut Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheese (I used cheddar)
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2-3 dashes Hot Sauce (optional)
- 1 cup Melted Butter
- 2 slices Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- 2 dashes Paprika
- 2 dashes chives or parsley
- Preheat mini waffle iron.
- Whisk with a fork your eggs, coconut flour and baking powder, then combine with the shredded cheese.
- Put half of the egg and cheese batter into the mini waffle iron. When it stops steaming a bunch, check and see if the chaffle is cooked thoroughly and ready to pop out with a fork and rest on your plate. If it splits into 2 on top and bottom, close and let it cook a bit longer. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Place paper towel on microwave safe plate and place bacon strips on top. Put another paper towel on top and heat in the microwave 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. If it's not done in 2 minutes, keep checking every 20-30 seconds. Transfer on top of your chaffles.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, crack an egg and put in the microwave for 45 seconds at 70% power. You might hear some popping noises, this is from the egg whites. If your egg whites aren't fully cooked after 45 seconds you can try cooking for another 10 seconds at full power. Use a rubber spatula to place on top of your chaffles.
- Melt 1 cup of butter
- In a blender, drop 4 egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon and optional hot sauce. Blend while gradually increasing speed for about 30 seconds.
- While continuing to blend, remove lid plug and slowly add melted butter in a thin steady stream, until mixture becomes thickened, approximately 55 seconds.
- Top your eggs benedict with the hollandiase sauce, sprinkle with paprika, chives and/or parsley and dig in! Save remaining hollandiase sauce for tomorrow or use for another dish.