Sorry about the lack of a picture. I was so hungry that I didn’t even think about getting a picture until after it was demolished. Next time!
Once upon a time there was a Nick-n-Willy’s pizza place near my old apartment that has since closed down. They had the best BBQ pizza that I had ever had, and when the closed I was very sad. However, it is a happy day because I have perfected my recipe and have now moved the “best ever” to my creation! And now I shall share my knowledge of BBQ pizza with you lucky souls :). I also made this salad to accompany it.
- 16 oz pizza dough (I used Publix)
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Original Barbecue Sauce
- 3-4 Slices of red onion (split up into rings)
- 1 cup Mexican four cheese blend
- Dried cilantro (fresh would work great too!)
- Approx. half pound of raw chicken
- Olive oil & silicone brush (pastry brush would work too, but why would you want to use it?!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken and sautee with olive oil until done (approx 10 – 12 minutes).
- Roll out pizza dough onto a lightly oiled pizza stone (or cookie sheet).
- Brush top with olive oil and poke with fork.
- Put into oven for 10 minutes, so dough begins to bake.
- Assemble pizza by spreading barbecue sauce, as desired, on the pizza crust, then top with cheese, generous serving of cilantro, cheese, red onions and lastly, chicken.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, take out and allow to cool a few minutes before slicing.